Welcome to Kisii University Tax SocietyKisii university tax society was founded in the year 2017. Our Tax Ambassadors team comprises of highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals. We all have a common goal – helping you!
Activities we have engaged in:
- Tax education and public awareness in several Community Barazas.
- Online filing of returns for thousands of members of the public.
- Online application of KRA Pin and assisting Pin holders migrate to i-Tax System.
- We are mentoring high school students and helping them form tax societies in their schools.
- We have participated in Tax Conferences.
- Environmental conservation Exercises through tree planting.
- Town and market cleaning exercises.
- Town Storming exercise. Where we engage the business community and members of the public in a rigorous tax education and awareness.
To enhance taxpayer education and consequently raise compliance.
To demystify KRA to university students.
To reach out taxpayers at grassroots.
To equip society members with knowledge and skills to assist KRA meet its mandate.
Our Social Feeds
Br. Francis Monari
Matthew 22:21 Jesus said “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s.” Romans 13:1 “Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God.”
“Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness… but only when you pay your taxes? That means your freedom is rented, leased, & not unalienable.”
Commander Edgar Marumbu
“An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy; because there is a limit beyond which no institution and no property can bear taxation.” ― John Marshall.
The future was always something I had worried about. I’m not sure if it was because of my young mind and lack of wisdom, but I never gave thought to all the time that was enclosed my life into only a small speck in a timeline.